Clan Albion is a nation and faction in the 1920+ universe.
A lesser power on the world stage, this ancient and dogged nation nonetheless aims to elevate itself to fend off any encroaching powers.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Clan Albion exists as an independent nation; although its form of governance is not specifically stated it is most likely a monarchy. It is an island nation, isolated from mainland Europa by a channel of water. Their symbol is a green, tusked boar, likely a reference to the Celtic-Gaulic symbol of war.
Clan Albion fears that the Factory could fall under permanent control of one of the more powerful factions, which might then encroach on the Albion homeland. With Max by his side, Connor is entrusted with the command of a special task force to build a strong line of defense against the other factions and destroy the Factory before it is too late.
Their military tactics revolve around acquiring and holding territory, strong on the defense and powerful in combat. Once they take territory and plant their flag, they are hard to dislodge. The Albion mech, inspired by bagpipes, is bipedal with a stocky torso, a walking turret with a rotating array of weapons that can be used for attack or defense. It also has the ability to use tunnel territories as a guide to cross rivers, and they can quickly cross great expanses to rally to help endangered workers.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Faction[edit | edit source]
- Exalt: Wherever Connor and Max go, they can place a flag token.
- These count as an additional territory for scoring, if there are Albionian units on a hex with a flag token.
- Rally Mechs can move directly to flag tokens. Each hex with a flag token can be treated like a Tunnel for any Albion unit anywhere on the map – even if it’s occupied by an opposing faction
Mechs[edit | edit source]
- Burrow: Move across rivers to/from an adjacent tunnel territory.
- Rally: Move to any territory where there is a worker or flag token.
- Shield: Before combat, Albion gains 2 power where its units are defending.
- Sword: Before combat, opponents lose 2 power when Albion units attack.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The word Albion stems from the latin world "albus" meaning "white" in reference to the famous landmark the White Cliffs of Dover, further indicating that Clan Albion controls the British Isles.
- Albion is also an alternative name for Britain, used in poetry or literature.
- Albion seems to have replaced the expansive British Empire, having kept to more traditional Celtic traditions and is significantly smaller in size and power. A number of different and complex events could have lead to this, but one possibility is that the 13th-century Scottish Wars for Independence succeeded and later allowed Scotland to overtake their English rulers.
- The story of Albion differs from our timeline in that it seems to exist under Scottish rule. This can be based on the costume of the hero Connor, wearing a typical Scottish kilt, and he is stated to have come from the south of the island controlled by Clan Albion. Given that Scotland is north of England, this indicates proliferation of Scottish culture all throughout the isle.
- The British Empire having never existed as it did in our timeline would be a major branch from history, given its massive influence over much of the world and shaping the histories of some countries.
- House Stuart, a Scottish house, founded the UK in 1606, with the Thirteen Colonies being found in 1607, Clan Albion may therefore be culturally Scottish but with political goals more inline with the British Empire of real life than is readily apparent as of current lore.
- Albion is not specifically mentioned in Iron Harvest and is not playable, although during "A Shadow over Europa" a number of Albionian guests are present at the celebration party, with at least one dignitary involved with Fenris who potentially recruits a disgruntled Frankish guest to the organization's cause.
- Additionally, Albion's presence during the ceasefire in Iron Harvest implies the nation did participate in the Great War.
- Albion is unique in that, while the other factions want to control the Factory, they are willing to destroy it to deny its advantages to everyone including themselves, presumably not having the sheer military power to take it and hold off the other factions.
|World of 1920+
|Polanian Characters||Saxon Characters||Rusviet Characters|
|Gunter von Duisburg
Nacht and Tag
Prince Wilhelm of Saxony
Kaiser Friedrich of Saxony
Lev Alekseevich Zubov