|"Please be aware!"
This article reflects beta content, so content is subject to change.
Like what you see? Go to the official site for further information!
A mech hunter firing pressurized metal bolts capable of piercing enemy armor.
General Description[edit | edit source]
Many of Polania's mech units are highly specialized, and the "hunter" is no exception. It stands on two comically thin legs with a tall torso that is much deeper than it is wide, with two powerfully built arms like a boxer's with fists poised to strike. The crew's viewing port is a slit on the front of the hull. Lastly, on its back and on top of the chassis is a harpoon ready to pierce even the toughest armor.
The PZM-11 "Lowca" is truly and simply a mech designed to go toe-to-toe with other mechs. Both arms are equipped with giant nail guns that fire armor-piercing bolts at targets, and these consistently high damage to everything. Its medium armor and considerable HP let it take a bit of a pounding while getting into range, making it largely able to ignore infantry while it squares up with armored units. It is very effective at taking out all kinds of armor or fortified buildings, particularly once it reaches veterancy, unlocking its harpoon attack which adds a huge chunk of damage. This ability is particularly effective if the Lowca is in a position to hit the enemy from behind; even heavy mechs are not safe.
However, the Lowca suffers from poor range, slow speed, and struggles to deal with multiple attackers at once. Artillery like Field Guns can knock it out quite easily, but it can also be countered by anti-mech infantry. Its nail guns do great damage against unarmored units, killing most infantry in two shots, but are not able to bring them down very quickly, so a mob of gunners can bring the Lowca down with little problem. Being as slow as it is and having short range, it is also not a hard unit to kite. Therefore, the Lowca works best with support from units like the PZM-9 "Straznik" or squads of riflemen to deal with infantry while it knocks out armored units.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Quite tough for a medium mech
- Nail guns do equally high damage to all unit and armor types
- Special ability does insane mech damage in order of up to 6x nail gun damage
- Fairly affordable
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Slow moving and slow turning
- Short range, even shorter for its ability, can be brought down with artillery or kited
- Nail guns have a slow rate of fire, struggles against swarms of infantry or groups of mechs
- Ability is locked behind its first veterancy rank
- Requires an advanced workshop to produce
Weapons[edit | edit source]
The Lowca has two piercing nail guns, which use compressed air to fire in sequence and are very effective against all types of armor. Furthermore it has a harpoon on its back that becomes available as soon as the Lowca reaches its first veterancy-level.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Sting: The Lowca draws a harpoon from its back and hurls it at the enemy, dealing very high amounts of damage to all sorts of targets. This weapon, however, has a very short range.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Lowca" is the polish word for "Hunter."
- It is pronounced "wolf-za"
- Its designation is probably a reference to polish fighter PZL P.11 "Puławszczak" which during invasion of Poland in 1939 achived 1.1 to 1 K/D ratio.
- In earlier versions of the demo, Lowcas would get on all fours and fire a harpoon from their back like a ballista. Now they simply pull it out of its holder and hurl it like a throwing spear.
- The mechanics of how the mech can grab its spears without visible claws/hands is unknown.
- The model of the nails/spears actually sticks into mechs or buildings, and will stay visible for some time.They don not show on infantry, however, and if they hit the terrain they bounce off and fall to the ground even if hitting dirt.
- Given that the nail guns seem to use compressed air, much of the internal space on the Lowca is likely taken up with an onboard compressor and/or air tanks in addition to its drive unit, explaining its bulk.