An artillery mech that can hold its own in combat. Can deploy to increase its range and damage at the cost of mobility.
The PZM-13 "Mocny" (Strong) is a medium-armored, dual-mode artillery mech produced by the Polania Republic. Armed with a heavy cannon, It can strike opponents near or far by switching between mobile or siege configurations.
Polanian mechs are generally known for their speed and agility, but when the lighter mechs need heavy fire support it is the Mocny that they generally call on. It walks on four legs that give the vehicle a lot of stability, and allow the vehicle to aim its cannon by adjusting the angle of the chassis. The asymmetric body features a large cabin to the righthand side with viewports and a machine gun turret, while on the lefthand side is a massive cannon that can either be aimed upwards for artillery mode or locked horizontally for direct fire. Its front legs reconfigure into spikes which jam into the ground to help stabilize the mech during siege mode.
The Mocny is the most versatile of all medium mechs and artillery units, able to function as a moving anti-mech unit and an artillery unit in one package. It has medium armor unlike its light-armored Saxony or Rusviet artillery counterparts, allowing it to go toe-to-toe with lighter mechs while in attack mode. While in siege mode, it can fire a long distance shell that inflicts heavy damage to anything too slow to get out of the way like entrenched troops, buildings, or heavy mechs. It can also support friendlies and itself with its smoke screen abilities.
Its biggest weaknesses are poor speed and agility. The cannon fires slowly and the mech turns even slower; its cannon being fixed forward requires the mech to turn itself to adjust the firing angle. This makes the mech easy to rush or flank, and getting behind it leaves the Mocny little time to defend itself. In artillery mode it is even more vulnerable as it has a minimum range where it cannot target close-in units as well as a limited cone of fire. Its siege shells can be dodged by mobile units, while the time it takes to switch between modes leaves it open to attack. This is not helped by the Mocny's poor durability for its size and cost; it will go down easily if it starts taking fire. This all means the Mocny works best hiding just behind other units or having good support while it pounds the enemy from a distance.
- Versatile, can engage in direct combat
- Long range in attack mode, even longer in siege mode
- Good damage, especially when deployed
- Ignores line of sight in siege mode
- Better all-around anti-armor damage than the SLL 33"Erlkönig"
- Ability cooldown is short enough to use again just as the smoke is clearing
- Great utility with smokescreen shells
- Has a machine gun for some close-range defense against infantry
- Has no rear armor vulnerability
- Moves and turns very slowly, easy to outflank even in attack mode
- Slow rate of fire
- Limited firing arc in artillery mode with a dead zone
- Very fragile for a medium mech, low health even at max level
- Machine gun only covers about a 180-degree arc to the righthand side
The PZM-13 "Mocny" has a large-caliber cannon longer than the chassis it is bolted onto, and can be used either when standing or deployed. This cannon has different ranges and damage values for both modes. Furthermore, it has a side-mounted machine gun that is placed at on the righthand side of the cockpit.
- Deploy: The Mocny locks itself down to increase its attack range and deal more damage at the cost of mobility.
- Smokescreen: Creates a smokescreen around the Mocny which obscures line of sight and can be used while the machine moves. Mobile mode only.
- Smoke Canister: Fires a shell to a specified area within range that creates a static smoke screen where it lands. Deployed mode only.
- "Mocny" is the polish word for "strong."
- The Mocny's damage increase from being locked down likely means that this unit carries multiple types of shells: regular shells with lighter powder charges and thus less recoil for use in attack mode, and more powerful artillery shells with larger powder charges that put more of a strain on the gun and the unit in general. Therefore, in order to safely use the lattermost type, being locked down and stable is necessary.
- It also carries a third type of shell: smoke canisters.
- The Mocny and the PZM-24 "Tur" seem to use a similar sort of cannon, but slightly scaled up and mounted in pairs on the latter without the ability to traverse.
- The Mocny's role in the game is very similar to that of the Terran Siege Tank from the Starcraft franchise, each being armored units armed with a cannon that can fire on the move or lock down for improved range and damage.