The PZM-13 "Mocny" is a medium dual-mode artillery mech produced by the Polania Republic. Armed with a heavy cannon, it can attack directly or deploy to increase its damage and range at the cost of mobility.
General Description[edit | edit source]
Polanian mechs are generally known for their speed and agility, but when the lighter mechs need heavy fire support it is the Mocny they generally call on. It walks on four legs that give the vehicle a lot of stability, and allow the vehicle to aim its cannon by adjusting the angle of the chassis. The asymmetric body features a large cabin to the righthand side with viewports and a machine gun fixed to the side, while on the lefthand side is a massive cannon that can either be aimed upwards for artillery mode or locked horizontally for direct fire. Its front legs reconfigure into spikes which jam into the ground to help stabilize the mech during siege mode.
The Mocny is the most versatile of all medium mechs and artillery units, able to function as a moving anti-mech unit and an artillery unit in one package. It has stronger armor than its Saxony or Rusviet artillery counterparts, allowing it to go toe-to-toe with light or some medium mech units while in attack mode. While in siege mode, it can fire a long distance shell that inflicts heavy damage to structures, heavy armored units, entrenched infantry, or generally anything too slow to get out of the way. It can also support friendlies and itself with its smoke screen abilities.
Firepower aside, its biggest weaknesses are poor speed and agility. Even in attack mode, the cannon fires slowly and the mech turns even slower; its cannon being fixed forward requires the mech to turn itself to adjust the firing angle. This makes the mech easy to rush or flank, and getting behind it to cause extra damage leaves the Mocny little time to defend itself. While in artillery mode it is even more vulnerable as it has a minimum range where it cannot target close units as well as a limited cone of fire. Its shells have "hangtime" before they hit the ground, not hard to avoid for mobile units, and the time it takes to switch between modes leaves it open to attack. This is not helped by the Mocny's poor durability for its size and cost; it will go down easily if it starts taking fire. All this means the Mocny works best hiding just behind other units or having good support while it pounds the enemy from a distance.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Long range in attack mode, even longer in siege mode
- Good damage, especially when deployed
- Ignores line of sight
- Better all-around anti-armor damage than the SLL 33"Erlkönig"
- Ability cooldown is short enough to use again just as the smoke is clearing
- Great utility with its smokescreen shells
- Has a machine gun for some close-range defense against infantry
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Moves and turns very slowly, easy to outflank. even in attack mode
- Slow rate of fire with a dead zone
- Very fragile for a medium mech, low health even at max level
- Machine gun only covers about a 180-degree arc to the righthand side
Weapons[edit | edit source]
The PZM-13 "Mocny" has a large-caliber cannon longer than the chassis its bolted to, and can be used when standing or when being deployed. This cannon has different ranges and damage values for both of these cases. Furthermore, it has a side-machine-gun that is placed at its righthand side.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Deploy: The Mocny locks itself down to increase its attack range and deal more damage at the cost of mobility.
- Smokescreen: Creates a smokescreen around the Mocny which obscures line of sight and can be used while the machine moves. Mobile mode only.
- Smoke Canister: Fires a shell to a specified area within range that creates a static smoke screen where it lands. Deployed mode only.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Mocny" is the polish word for "strong."
- The Mocny's damage increase from being locked down likely means that this unit carries multiple types of shells: regular shells with less recoil for use in attack mode, and more powerful artillery shells that put more of a strain on the gun and the unit in general. Therefore in order to safely use the lattermost type, being locked down and stable is necessary.
- It also carries a third type of shell: smoke canisters.
- The Mocny and the PZM-24 "Tur" seem to use a similar if not the same sort of cannon, but mounted in pairs on the latter without the ability to traverse.
- The Mocny's role in the game is very similar to that of the Terran Siege Tank from the Starcraft franchise, each being armored units armed with a cannon that can fire on the move or lock down for improved range and damage.