|"Please be aware!"
This article reflects beta content, so content is subject to change.
Like what you see? Go to the official site for further information!
Soldiers wearing exosuits and carrying powerful weapons for front-line combat.
The PZM-2 "Rycerz" are heavy infantry trained by the Polania Republic. Bold and agile, they are equipped with mechanized armor, cannons, and ballistic shields.
General Descriptions[edit | edit source]
Inspired by the medieval knights of old, these gallant warriors of Polania bridge the gap between the light but vulnerable infantry and the tough but bulky mech units. The signature clanking of their plates and joints in the near distance signal to all that the knights of Polania have arrived. These soldiers wear light mechanical suits armed with a powerful drum-fed cannon as well as a small shield to deflect incoming fire. They are considerably less bulky and intimidating than their Saxony counterpart the Pkp 17 "Eisenhans" with much less armor plating but they move with unsurpassed grace. Instead of being encased in thick armor, the pilot is more or less strapped to the front of the main hydraulic framework with a heavy face-mask and some lighter plates covering parts of their body.
These mechanized infantry excel in front-line combat. Their armor is not the strongest, but gives them the speed to move with the front-lines and take hits that would eviscerate normal infantry. Their cannons deal steady damage to enemy armor, especially in groups, so as with many Polanian units they excel at hit-and-run attacks, armor harassment, flanking, and can quickly adapt to a changing battlefield situation.
They sacrifice armor for speed and agility, so they cannot take much of a beating. They also have relatively short range, but their speed makes it easy to close the distance and avoid incoming artillery. Unfortunately, they are not fast enough to outrun infantry
- Faster then the Eisenhans and good at maneuvers
- Tougher than standard infantry
- Cannon fires rapidly and does decent anti-armor damage
- Overall ineffective against heavier armor
- Cannot outrun
- Relatively fragile
- Requires an advanced barracks to train
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Each mech suit has an arm-mounted cannon with a decent rate of fire that does well against light and medium armored units.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
The shield is currently only aesthetic. Given their knightly theme, the ability to charge while deflecting damage with their shield would be quite fitting.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Rycerz" is the polish word for "Knight".
- Most Polanian equipment seems to be savaged industrial equipment; the faceplate for the Rycerz seems to simply be a heavy-duty welding mask.
- One of the unit voice clips indicate they are sensitive about their helmets, possibly for this reason
- The Rycerz seem to be an exclusively female unit.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "How much longer are we just going to be sitting around?"
- "Maybe we should go where we can do some good."
- "Polanians need help?"
- "What's the mission?"
- Let us do the heavy lifting
Selected multiple time (Annoyed):
- "We're fine just waiting for a mission."
- "What? You Don't Like Our Helmets?!"
- "We've got a war to fight, There's no time for Nitpicking!
- "Armored Squad on Route."
- "We're mobilizing"
- "Exo-suits moving out!"
- "Put them down"
- "We'll handle them"
- "They're good as dead."
- Get Close!
- "Bash Them In!"
- "For The Republic!"
Ordered to Halt:
Ordered to Open Create:
- "Sure Thing."
- "Consider it done."
- "We've got it covered"
- "We're Not Dying Today!"
- "Fall Back!"
Returning to base after retreating:
- "Okay, let's get it together."
- "Ready to return to the field."