|"Please be aware!"
This article reflects beta content, so content is subject to change.
Like what you see? Go to the official site for further information!
Mobile mech effective at suppressing and killing infantry.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Strażnik represents another uniquely Polanian innovation, a fast walker with advanced stabilization technologies that allow it to fire on the move. Such advancements have come at the cost of firepower however, with the PZM equipped only with lighter machine guns.
General Description[edit | edit source]
Mechs have been a menace to infantry since they entered the theater of war, and one that can appear suddenly and hose down a squad with lead with little warning is no less a terror. The Strażnik is a light and mobile anti-infantry mech that excels in rapidly taking down soldiers. It has a tall, can-shaped body atop four mechanical, spindly, spider-like legs which allow it to easily scuttle forwards, sideways, or backwards with no loss in speed and surprising stability. The head can rotate independent of the lower torso, and mounts a pair of twin-linked machine guns.
Its head being able to rotate the guns' firing arcs independently of its legs means the mech is able to shoot and walk simultaneously in any direction, making it great at ambushing isolated squads. It can fire as it flees, making pursuits by infantry costly, or kite enemies with drive-by attacks. It is one of the fastest units in the game after the PZM-16 "Zółw," infantry units, and the PZM-7 "Smialy."
The mobility of this unit, however, comes with the disadvantage of light armor. This coupled with its relatively short range and inability to combat armor leaves it vulnerable to anti-mech units like field guns and medium-armored mechs, while groups of gunner infantry can bring it down with concentrated fire particularly from behind. Strażniks operate best in small packs working together with bigger and stronger units, rapidly responding to infantry threats coming from the flanks and softening up entrenched squads with withering machine gun fire. It is also good for raiding and harassing the enemy with its mobility. If attacked by these units, gunners and field guns will make short work of it before it can get away.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Very strong against unarmored units
- Can gun down infantry on the move
- Fast, can outrun most units and can strafe
- Ability lets it mow down infantry even faster
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Very fragile, especially to attacks from behind
- Machine guns have little-to-no effect on even light armor
- Slightly outranged and heavily outgunned by the Sd. KS 49 "Grimbart"
- Ability leaves it vulnerable to getting hit by heavier weapons
Weapons[edit | edit source]
The Strażnik is equipped with two sets of twin-linked machine guns, one set on each side of its cylindrical body. These are strong against infantry with a very high rate of fire, but largely ineffective against anything with better than medium armor.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Overdrive: The Strażnik becomes immobile and inflicts increased damage. Cannot attack for a duration afterwards while the barrels cool.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Straznik" is Polish for guard.
- Its weapon symbol is that of the Saxony Empire's Stormtrooper machine pistol.
- It has been given the nickname, "Walking Trash Can" because of its shape.
- It looks like it has been made from a scavenged industrial boiler.
Gallery[edit | edit source]