An exoskeleton specializing in long-range attacks against low-mobility targets.
The Pkp 17 "Eisenhans" are elite infantry trained by the Saxony Empire. Equipped with battering rams and long-range mortars, the suit is very hard to move in so Eisenhans can only move at a walking pace.
General Description[edit | edit source]
While smaller than any true mech, these units are an unnerving addition to the battlefield: seeming human yet eerily robotic and overwhelming. Being a form of mechanical exoskeleton, they are human soldiers in hulking suits made of very thick armor plating covering almost every inch of the user's body as well as a gas mask with menacing, glowing lenses. A series of pistons and joints aid the wearer in moving all the weight, a surprising feat in a relatively small package. Their very presence on the battlefield is said to have a psychological effect on enemy infantry.
Eisenhans are effective against all types of units. Their medium-rated armor slows them down immensely, but also means they can shrug off small-arms fire as they inexorably advance towards the enemy. Their mortars hit from afar and have a large area of effect, devastating groups of infantry, fortifications, and armored units too slow to get out of the way.
These units struggle with targets able to avoid their mortar shells while staying out of reach of their melee. With a slow rate of fire and need to stand still in order to fire, they are best when used against slower or entrenched targets, or just for long-ranged fire support. Combined with its medium armor and slow movement speed Eisenhans can easily be taken out by fast, close-ranged targets strafing, so it is best to keep Eisenhans behind the lines. If faced with an enemy that is sure to overwhelm them, it may be better not to tell them to retreat and instead have them fight to the death, as they likely will not get away even if told to run: even if doomed, they will at least still cause a lot of damage.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Toughest infantry unit with medium armor
- Devastating to groups of light units
- Mortar has long range and good damage against all units
- Ram attack is quite strong, especially against armor
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Agonizingly slow, vulnerable to kiting
- Mortar struggles against agile targets and reloads slowly
- Requires advanced barracks to train
Weapons[edit | edit source]
The Eisenhans' main offensive weapons are two shoulder-mounted mortar launchers which are fired after the user secures themselves in a kneeling position, as the recoil would likely knock them over. In their left hand they carry a battering ram which they use to deal heavy damage to armored units in close combat.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Like many artillery units, Eisenhans "deploy" to use their mortars, leaving them immobile but able to dish out a lot of long-range firepower.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Eisenhans" is a character from the german fairy tale Iron Hans or "Iron John," a wild and powerful man living in the forests with impenetrable iron skin.
- "Pkp" means "Personenkampfpanzerung" or "Personal Combat Armor".
- Their speed is about 3.6 miles per hour/5.8 kilometers per hour. This is about the average human walking speed, despite the massive amount of weight being carried.
- Their ram seems to carry an electrical charge to also stun enemies and vehicles they hit
- Their voice clips sound quite similar to that of Tom Hardy's portrayal of Bane in "Dark Knight Rises"