The Polania Republic (pl. Republika Polanii) is a nation and faction in the 1920+ universe.
A large agricultural country with a long history. It is trying to maintain its status and territory, struggling with its aggressive neighbors: The Saxony Empire to the west and the Rusviet Tsardom to the east.
Polania initiated a program to modernize its army while a large part of the country is still occupied by Rusviet forces. Polania is most likely a constitutional or parliamentary republic. The capital of Polania is Warsaw.
Their military doctrine tends to revolve around mobility and hit-and-run attacks, hitting their enemy where they are weakest and having good reconnaissance while building up their heavy armor for a final push. Ever on the move, they make the most of whatever is available at hand. Their mech units are designed largely with left-over farming and industrial equipment, while their buildings are constructed of wood and canvas.
Symbol and Colors
In Iron Harvest, the symbol of the Polanian Republic is a white eagle with a red background and golden highlights. In Scythe however, It is a red bear against a white Background. The Polanian infantry wear blue clothes and the color scheme of the mechs are woodland green with dark red.
Templin Institute Video
Meander: Pick two options per Encounter card instead of one.
- Camaraderie: In combat, Polania does not lose popularity when forcing an opponents worker(s) to retreat.
- Riverwalk: Moves across rivers to Farms and Villages.
- Speed: +1 hex per movement.
- Submerge: Moves to/from Lakes and move from any Lake to another.
Iron Harvest Units
|Anna Kos||A sharpshooter with a bear as her companion.|
|Michal Sikorski||The leader of a cavalry regiment.|
|Lech Kos||A versatile melee-mech, inspired by a gorilla.|
|Polania Engineers||Soldiers capable of constructing fortifications and bases as well as repairing mechs.|
|Polania Riflemen||Basic infantry, long-range, good damage and accuracy, but poor melee and low rate of fire.|
|Polania Grenadiers||Polanian Riflemen equipped with grenades to obliterate unaware or hunkered-down infantry squads|
|Polania Gunners||Polanian troops given heavy cannons for anti-mech duties. Effective in numbers and when flanking, but vulnerable to infantry|
|Polania Medics||Medical officers able to reinforce and heal a squad on-site. Can become a stationary reinforcement point upon hitting veterancy. Cannot be produced in Multiplayer.|
|Polania MG||Polanian soldiers given LMGs to shred apart other infantry squads and suppress them.|
|Polania Flamethrower||Deals short-ranged but heavy area of effect damage against infantry and ignores cover. Cannot be produced in Multiplayer.|
Neither mech nor infantry, but something in between. Each faction's Exos are unique and can be quite effective on the battlefield.
|PZM-2 "Rycerz"||A mobile squad of light-armored soldiers with cannons capable of taking out infantry and light mechs.|
Polanian mechs are often faster and more agile than the other faction's mechs, but have less armor in exchange. Therefore it is necessary for them to perform hit-and-run-attacks against stronger, but less mobile targets. Their designs seem to be inspired by industrial equipment like heavy boilers and cranes, likely built using scavenged/repurposed parts. They are named after personal qualities like "bold" or"strong." Polania has the following mechs:
|PZM-9 "Strażnik"||Light armored anti-infantry mech with two dual machine guns capable of firing on the move.|
|PZM-7 "Śmiały"||Light armored anti-armor mech, very versatile and equipped with a heavy rifle.|
|PZM-13 "Mocny"||Medium armored artillery mech that is able to shoot without being deployed.|
|PZM-11 "Łowca"||Slow but tough medium-armored anti-armor mech that fires close-range bolts that pierce all kinds of armor.|
|PZM-16 "Zółw"||Heavy-armored transport mech that allows a transported infantry unit to shoot from within.|
|PZM-24 "Tur"||The heaviest and most expensive Polanian mech, equipped with two big cannons.|
|Skybike||A small flyer built for air superiority. Effective against other airships.|
|Dropship||Transport aircraft that can fly infantry squads across the battlefield.|
|Gunship||Aerial support platforms that are effective against armor.|
|Polanian Iron Mine|
|Big Polanian Iron Mine|
|Polanian Oil Pump|
|Big Polanian Oil Pump|
- It is inspired by and encompasses all of modern-day Poland except having lost a third of its northeast territory to Rusviet.
- Polania is the only faction unable to deploy three heavy mech units, as its mech hero Lech is medium-armored.
- Polania is the only faction to feature a mech as part of one of its structures, specifically the Workshop. It is a smelting crucible with two arms and legs, melting and pouring metal from its "head."
- The fact that the smelter mech can seemingly walk ties into Polania's mobile theme, as in the instance of having to teardown the camp they'd take heavy equipment with them.
- While all the other factions in Iron Harvest have actual known leaders like Kaiser Friedrich, Prince Wilhelm, Tsar Nicholas, Nikola Tesla and Rasputin, Polania's current ruler or governing head is currently unknown, as are the specifics of its governing body in general.
|World of 1920+
Federal Union of Usonia
United States of Aztlan
Dominion of Laurentia
|Polanian Characters||Saxon Characters||Rusviet Characters|
|Gunter von Duisburg
Nacht and Tag
Prince Wilhelm of Saxony
Kaiser Friedrich of Saxony
Lev Alekseevich Zubov