|"Please be aware!"
This article reflects beta content, so content is subject to change.
Like what you see? Go to the official site for further information!
Medics can heal friendly infantry both in and out of combat.
The medics of all factions are functionally identical.
War always bring casualties, but the Great War and the advent of many new and dreadfully effective weapons such as machine guns and mechs saw untold levels of human death and injury. Wherever they were available, these angels of mercy were rarely without work. They wear a similar uniform as riflemen but optimized to fulfill their role: they wear a large coverall, their belt forgoes ammunition storage for larger pouches to hold tools, and they wear a large satchel and backpack full of medical supplies.
Medics are invaluable wherever the infantry are going to be in combat. They can heal infantry so long as the targeted units are not under fire. Once they have gained enough experience, they can establish an aid station at any desired location, providing frontline units a place to retreat to and reinforce rather than having to run all the way back to base.
They are not proficient soldiers, however. Their pistols provide some defense but not much, and being infantry they are particularly vulnerable to machine guns and mechs, which they can largely outrun but they cannot outrun standard infantry like Vanguards. Thus, they should be used sparingly and well protected behind dedicated combat units.
In the latest version, medics can no longer be trained from Polanian or Rusviet barracks. Only the Saxony Empire can train medics, but players can still transform any infantry by salvaging equipment from a killed medic or loot from a weapon crate.
- Can heal infantry
- Can put down first aid stations
- Cannot be trained by Polania
- Hopeless in combat even against standard infantry
- Slower than standard infantry
- Aid station ability is locked behind veterancy and consumes the unit
- Cannot reinforce lost units themselves
- Healing costs resources and takes time
Like Engineers, medics are armed only with simple revolvers which have poor range and damage.
- Aid Station
- "Here's hoping we'll find a drink later... We'll need it."
- "We can reuse these bandages if we have to."
- "It's an ugly thing, War. Let's get as many Polanians through it as we can."
- "We're here to help!"
- "What can we do?"
- "You need Aid?"
- "Medics Ready!"
- "Does someone need help?"
Selected multiple time (Annoyed):
- "Is everything alright?"
- "Ahh, we've seen these symptoms before."
- "There is only one cure for this behavior and its very painful."
- "Aid is on route."
- "Is the area clear?"
- "Over there?"
- "Wherever we're needed."
- "Help is on the way!"
- "Hold still, let's have a look!"
- "This may sting a little."
- "It's going to be alright!"
- "We can shelter here."
- "That looks safe enough."
- "Heading to cover!"
- "It has to be done!"
- "It's them or us!"
- "Damn them for making us!"
- "Orders are orders!"
- "They leave us no choice!"
- "We've no choice!"
- "Make it quick!"
Ordered to Halt:
- "Cancel that!"
- "New orders?"
Ordered to Open Create:
- "We'll do it!"
- "If it helps Polania."
- "We can take care of that!"
- "Run! can't help if we're dead!"
Returning to base after retreating:
- "We've made it back."
- "Safe and sound."
- Polanian medics seem to wield some form of the Webley top-break revolver, likely firing .445 Webley. This highly effective revolver became a staple in the British Empire's armed forces until 1970.
- It either saw little or no recorded use in Poland, however.
- Medics are one of two units for Polania that can heal infantry: the other being Anna Kos's bear Wojtek.