|"Please be aware!"
This article reflects beta content, so content is subject to change.
Like what you see? Go to the official site for further information!
Polania's standard infantry armed with bolt-action rifles. Effective against other infantry.
These proud sons of Polania are fresh off the farm in many cases, but no less ready to lay down their lives for national sovereignty. All volunteers, many of them are crack shots coming from rural communities, having been trained to shoot their whole lives and instilled with national pride from birth. Their uniforms comprise of blue jackets, green pants, brown breeches and black leather boots as well as a foraging cap bearing the Polania eagle.
Like all standard infantry, these Polanian infantry are quick and cheap to produce. They use tried-and-true bolt-action rifles, giving them the best range and accuracy of all standard infantry units as well as good damage per shot. They work together with machine gun units extremely well, as any suppressed unit will have a hard time getting into range while the Riflemen are free to pick them off at will.
However, they also have the slowest fire rate and poor melee despite their bayonet. They rely on keeping the enemy at range, but are vulnerable to being rushed. In CQB, they will often lose to Rusviet shotguns or Saxony machine pistols. And like all infantry units they are vulnerable to machine guns and do little damage to even light armored mech units. They function best with armor support, machine guns, and cover to get behind.
- Good range and higher damage per shot
- Adaptable with weapon kits
- Low rate of fire
- Poor in melee
- Fragile to mech weapons and machine guns
- Useless against even light armor
Polanian Rifleman are equipped with a bolt action rifle rifle, which makes them best at fighting in long-range fights. They also are equipped with a bayonet, which they use if engaged in melee.
- "How are we supposed to go back to farming after this?"
- "The world thought we'd fail, they shouldn't have messed with Polania."
- "I never thought we'd be at war again already."
- "What is it?"
- "New orders for us?"
Selected multiple time (Annoyed):
- "We're listening!"
- "Yeah, just tell us what's needed!"
- "Hey, we're not deaf!"
- "Let's go!"
- "Leading the way!"
- "Sounds good."
- "Follow us!"
- "Get to cover!"
- "Looks like a good spot!"
- "That will give us cover!"
- "Open fire!"
- "Give it to 'em!"
- "It's us or them!"
- "For Polania!"
- "Get them!"
- "Kill these bastards!"
Ordered to Halt:
- "Hold up fellas."
- "Change of plans."
Ordered to Open Create:
- "We'll do it."
- "Got it."
- "Fall back and regroup!"
- "Get back to safety!"
Returning to base after retreating:
- "Riflemen regrouping."
- "Rifles back from the front."
- Polanian riflemen seem to use a variant of the Lee-Enfield bolt action rifle, specifically the Short Magazine Lee–Enfield (SMLE) Mk I which saw service in many countries from 1903 onwards, including Poland (and thus would likely see service in the Polania timeline).
- These rifles still see use in some militaries, largely as training rifles but some still see scattered combat use in the Middle East by groups such as the Taliban.