|"Please be aware!"
This article reflects beta content, so content is subject to change.
Like what you see? Go to the official site for further information!
Machine gunners are equipped for suppressing and killing enemy infantry at range.
Rusviet Machine gunners or MG Infantry are specialized infantry units fielded by the Rusviet Tsardom. Wielding machine guns, they are capable of suppressing enemy infantries and dealing damage up to light armored enemies by showering them with bullets.
Machine gunners of all factions are functionally identical.
Heavy machine guns proved to be dreadfully powerful anti-infantry weapons, mowing down troops in hundreds, but their weight made it hard to keep up with the rapid advance of infantry. These specialists carry much smaller but no-less-lethal machine guns to lay down lots of fire as nearby infantry move up. The machine gunners wear the same uniform as their Vanguard counterparts, except with the addition of red trousers and two ammunition bandoliers draped over their shoulders and tucked into their belts. They also carry canisters of even more ammo.
Machine Gunners are slower and more expensive than standard infantry and must take a moment to set up before firing. However, once set up, particularly behind cover, they can lay down devastating barrages of fire on advancing infantry. This will suppress them, forcing them to move at a crawl and pinning them in place. This makes them powerful defensive units.
They suffer heavily against enemy armor, however, and are slow to adapt to a changing battlefield if caught in the open.
In the latest version, MG infantries can no longer be trained from Rusviet or Saxon barracks. Only Polanians can train MG teams, but players can still equip any infantry by salvaging equipment from a killed MG infantry or loot from a weapon crate.
- Deadly against infantry with decent range
- Strong when garrisoned or behind cover
- Slower than standard infantry
- Cannot be trained by Rusviet, numbers limited to how many kits can be found
- Take a moment to set up
- Rusviet machine gunners seem to use the MG 08/15, a lighter and portable version of the MG 08 heavy machine gun employed by the German Empire and the most common German machine gun of WWI.
- Interestingly, there is no recorded use of this gun with the Russian Empire or the Soviet Union, making it a strange choice for Rusviet.
- Rusviet's favoring of offense is likely why they decided to use flamethrowers and shotguns instead of machine gunners as machine gunners are slower and less effective against entrenched units.