|"Please be aware!"
This article reflects beta content, so content is subject to change.
Like what you see? Go to the official site for further information!
One of Saxony's heaviest war machines, armed to the teeth with a variety of weaponry.
The SKS-300 "Kaiser" is a heavy mech unit produced by the Saxony Empire. It is the pride of the Empire, Saxony engineering at its finest with toughness second to none.
Lore[edit | edit source]
It is the SKS 300 that is the true emperor of the battlefield and, as such, named "Kaiser." Equipped with a forward cannon and a heavy machine guns on each of its four sides, it is proven effective against both enemy infantry and mechs, with few nations possessing similar-sized walkers with which to counter it.
General Description[edit | edit source]
Few mechs have earned their name more than the "emperor." It is a particularly boxy and sturdily-built quadrupedal mech, resembling a steel bunker on legs covered with thick armor plates and lots of detailing. On each of the four sides is a ball-mounted machine gun turret, and mounted on top is a cannon mounted in place inside a miniature bunker of its own. It resembles a turret, but it is locked forwards and unable to rotate without turning the mech itself.
The Kaiser is the single most durable unit in the game, starting with 2000 HP and heavy armor. This makes it very powerful offensively and defensively, heading a formation to soak up lots of fire and ignoring damage from almost everything except massed artillery. It performs even better on the defensive, where it can sit itself in front of its supporting units and lock down to unleash rockets. Its main cannon is quite strong with good range and the machine guns allow it to deal with infantry attacking from all directions, so Kaisers are truly good against almost anything even without numerical superiority.
Its majn downside is that it is also the most expensive Saxonian unit to produce, costing a whopping 8 population to construct severely limiting how many can be used. its main anti-armor firepower is only able to face forward and its rockets have limited range. Being one of (if not the) slowest units, it can be kited to the sides or rear by agile units or quickly whittled down with artillery like field guns. It works well combining its firepower and armor with artillery backup while on the offensive, slowly crushing its way to victory for the Empire.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Can be considered "anti-everything," able to take on almost anything one-on-one
- Most durable unit in the game, starts with over 4x the maximum HP of its fellow Saxony heavy the SKS 156 "Wotan" and over double Brunhilde's maximum HP
- Extremely powerful main gun, effective against all units and armor types with decent AOE
- Has machine guns that cover all angles, can fire on the move, and protect against infantry
- Can lock down and use rocket launchers for even more firepower
Cons[edit | edit source]
- One of the very slowest moving unit in the game, second slowest turning after Brunhilde, easy to flank or kite
- Slow rate of fire for the main gun
- Second most resource-expensive unit in the game
- Most population-expensive unit in the game: costs 8 pop
- Vulnerable to field cannons and artillery, especially if using its ability
- Takes additional damage from behind; neither rockets or its cannon can fire that direction
- Its ability limits the use of its main cannon to a narrow forward arc without the ability to turn
Weapons[edit | edit source]
The Kaiser's main weapon is a large cannon, which deals incredible damage to mechs and infantry alike. Furthermore it has a heavy machine gun on all four sides, which makes this mech even stronger against infantry and light mechs. Reaching the first veterancy level allows it to use its special ability, which reveals a six-tubed rocket battery facing each side (except for the back), in which the cannon raises up to expose the launchers.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Entrench: The Kaiser becomes immobile and reveals its rocket launchers, improving damage output in all directions.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Black Knight
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Kaiser" Is the German word for an emperor.
- "SKS" means "Schwerer Kampfschreiter". In English: "Heavy Combat Walker".
- Despite being tougher and costing more population, the Kaiser is significantly shorter in stature and smaller overall than its counterpart the PZM-24 "Tur"
- Its cannon also does more damage per shot despite being of a caliber seemingly magnitudes smaller than the Tur's dual cannons