|"Please be aware!"
This article reflects beta content, so content is subject to change.
Like what you see? Go to the official site for further information!
Engineers can construct and repair buildings and fortifications as well as repair friendly armor in the field.
All faction's engineers are functionally identical.
War involves just as much construction as it involves destruction, and there is always a shortage of good engineers. These men are skilled workers up to any task their country calls for. They wear the same uniform as Stormtroopers but with the addition of a full leather vest instead of a cuirass, goggles, and a heavy backpack full of tools, equipment, and a spool of wire as well as a shovel.
Engineers are vital units at all stages of the game, and can be used for almost everything. They are incredibly cheap, quick to train, and fast on their feet. They can build defenses, construct buildings, plant landmines, repair mechs, man weapon systems, can pick up other infantry kits, or even scout. If it is mechanical or structural, engineers will keep it running.
In direct combat, however, they are almost helpless. Their pistols are very weak and short-ranged, and their shovels are of little power in CQB, so they are prone to raids and getting picked off if targeted. They are not as fast as standard infantry either, so escape is less of an option. Keep them protected, and they will build the foundation for victory for one's troops.
Engineers can build the following structures:
- Saxon Headquarters
- Saxon Barracks
- Saxon Workshop
- Saxon Unarmed Bunker
- Saxon MG Bunker
- Saxon Cannon Bunker
- Cheapest units in the game
- Can construct and repair buildings
- Can place sandbags and barbed wire
- Can repair mechs, exosuits, and weapon systems
- Veterancy allows immediate construction of more advanced bunkers
- Can place mines and bunkers anywhere
- Weak in combat
- Slower than standard infantry
- Cannot repair objects that are being fired at
- Very vulnerable to anti-infantry units, other infantry, and artillery
- "We are here to serve."
- "Standing by for orders."
- "We are always ready."
- "Engineers ready for work."
- "The Kaiser's finest."
Selected multiple time (Annoyed):
- "This is not becoming conduct."
- "*Clears throats* Manners."
- "Such impropriety is a disgrace to the uniform!"
- "Right away!"
- "Heading to new coordinates."
- "Traveling that way."
- "Moving to another location."
- "Under way!"
- "Taking a protected vantage point."
- "Don't make it easy for them."
- "We will engage!"
- "Let's duel!"
- "It will be their honor!"
- "For the Emperor!"
- "Knuckle up!"
- "By any means necessary!"
- "Let's finish this!"
Ordered to Halt:
- "Suspend the task."
Ordered to Open Create:
- "Consider it done."
- "It will be an honor."
- "Retreat now!"
- "Save yourselves!"
Returning to base after retreating:
- "Engineers out of harms way."
- "We have arrived at base."
- "We will build it!"
- "No one does it better!"
Build Barbed Wire:
- "A fence to keep the wolves out."
- "Wire will slow them down!"
Build Sand bags:
- "Build it tall!"
- "We will build a sturdy defense!"
Place Anti-Armor Mine:
Saxon Engineers, like Medics, seem to carry Mauser C96 semi-automatic pistols (specifically the M1916 Prussian "Red 9" model) firing the powerful 9x19mm Mauser cartridge. The pistol was immensely popular and advanced for its time.