|"Please be aware!"
This article reflects beta content, so content is subject to change.
Like what you see? Go to the official site for further information!
Flamethrowers can torch entrenched enemy infantry and structures.
The flamethrowers of all factions are functionally identical.
Fire has always been a double-edged sword, and these pyromaniacs level its destructive edge to punish enemies taking cover. In addition to their Stormtrooper flak padding and helmet, They wear a shiny, full-rubber, flame-retardant suit to better protect them from the back edge of their weapons, as well as heavy rubber gloves, and a gas mask to prevent inhalation of smoke and fuel fumes. Their flamethrower is designed fairly elegant with a forward grip and a long, front-heavy nozzle.
Flamethrower units are specialist anti-infantry units, with a knack for flushing out entrenched opponents. Flamethrower attacks ignore cover and building protection, making them invaluable at razing base defenses like bunkers or removing stubborn infantry holing up in a house.
However, they are slower and have a short range compared to most other infantry. As such, Flamethrowers are a bit niche; they tend to go down quickly in a one-on-one fight and are devastated by anti-infantry mechs like the PZM-9 "Straznik." If backed up by a well rounded army, however, flamethrowers will melt enemy defenses and the infantry within.
In the latest version, flamethrower infantries can no longer be trained from Polanian or Saxonian barracks. Only Rusviet can train flamethrower infantry, but players can still transform any infantry by salvaging equipment from a killed flamethrower infantry or loot from a weapon crate.
- Devastating against structures
- Flamethrower ignores cover/building garrison protection
- Fires in a cone of flame that damages groups of infantry
- Cannot be trained by Saxony, can only be equipped by weapon crates or field kits
- Utterly useless against even light armored units like exo-suits and mechs
- Does damage over time and the cone locks in place: quick units can move out of the way or out of range to avoid damage if they act fast
- Short range and relatively long cooldown
- Slower than standard infantry
- Vulnerable to machine guns and anti-infantry units
- "Ready for anything!"
- "Fire troops here!"
- "We're burning for a fight!"
- "Someone needs fire?"
Selected multiple time (Annoyed):
- "Ay, no distractions please!"
- "Fire is nothing to fool around with!"
- "Careful, accidents do happen when playing with fire." *Chuckles*
- "Blazing the way!"
- "Location confirmed!"
- "This way Kameraden!"
- "Flame-bearers moving!"
- "Relocating as ordered!"
- "Moving into cover!"
- "Finding cover!"
- "Best use cover!"
- "Make it Count!"
- "Hell Fire!"
- "Heating Up!"
- "Burn Them!"
- "Bring It!"
Ordered to Halt:
- It's too hot!
- "Run, before we are snuffed!"
Returning to base after retreating:
- "Flamethrowers reforming!"
- "We are not burnt out yet!"