A frontline walker capable of both dealing and taking damage.
The Sd. KS 78 "Isegrim" is a mech unit produced by the Saxony Empire. It is a highly versatile unit with few true weaknesses.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Sd. KS 78 "Isegrim," a unique, quadra-pedal mech with an advanced rotating turret spouting an armor-piercing gun. It has proven equally effective against infantry and exosuits, and has become the general-purpose mech of Saxony.
General Description[edit | edit source]
Designed much like a conventional tank, but instead of caterpillar tracks it walks on four long, finely-crafted, crab-like legs with cables almost trailing along the ground. The sleek body is smooth and simplistic, and the turret atop the chassis is fairly small with a medium-sized cannon. The drive unit at the rear is fairly well protected with a small smokestack.
Few of the Empire's glorious mechs embody versatility quite like this rather elegant walker. It is fairly durable for its tier, has respectable damage, an accurate and strong cannon with splash damage lethal to infantry, and respectable speed. It can perform and respond to almost any task equally well. Its turret can turn to face a target, which allows it to respond quickly to a changing battlefield situation without having to turn the entire chassis to do so.
Its main weakness is its relatively low damage against heavier units. Like most mechs, it is also vulnerable to attacks from behind, and anti-mech attacks there will bring it down fairly quickly. The PZM-11 "Lowca" out-armors it, so it can weather its cannon fire long enough to get in range for its lethal harpoon attack. A number of these mechs still make a valuable addition to any Saxony force, particularly if paired with the SKS 156 "Wotan" whose firepower synergizes with the speed and durability of the Isegrim.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Strong against infantry and light mechs
- Good cannon with splash damage
- Decent speed, fastest medium mech besides Lech Kos
- Respectable HP with medium armor
- Costs only 4 population to all other medium mech's 5
- Turret allows quicker responses to flanking attacks
- Can be built without an advanced workshop
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Medium range
- Out-armored by the PZM-11 "Lowca" and SHM-79 "Nagan"
- Vulnerable to confrontations with heavy-armored units and dedicated mech-hunters
- Takes extra damage from behind
Weapons[edit | edit source]
The Isegrim has a turret, which is able to fire four shots in a row. The cannon is strongest against light armor but is also fairly powerful against small groups of infantry, but is diminished against medium armor and suffers against heavy armor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Isegrim" is a German word used for wolves in old German tales and fables. For example: the folktale of Reynard the Fox uses it.
- Its model sports a hull-mounted machine gun to the front, but this is only aesthetic.
- "Sd.KS" means "Sonder Kampfschreiter". In English: "Special Combat Walker".